Friday, March 6, 2009

The Biopsy

I spent most of Friday afternoon in the office of the Advanced Breast Care Specialists of Orange County.  The office was very nice and relaxing (I even took a few catnaps while listening to my iPod) and the staff was awesome.  I met with the doctor/surgeon and she did an exam and decided to go ahead and take some tissue samples from under my left arm.

They took me to the procedure room and after some Lidacane they were able to cut out nine tissue samples to send to the lab.  The entire procedure took about 10 minutes.  The incisions were small and I didn't receive any stitches.  All I have to worry about is icing my armpit and taking it easy over the next 3 or 4 days while the incisions heal.  No lifting and no strenuous exercise...I think I can handle that!

I'd like to take a minute to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers you've been sending my way.  I have received your E-mails and appreciate your words of encouragement and tales of success stories.  

Probably nothing new for a few days.  I have a follow-up with the surgeon and the other tests late next week, so I'll update you after that.

-bw

1 comment:

  1. Listen here, Shorty!
    I know that kisses from your wife and food from me will kick this lymphoma thing out of the park, you hear me?! You are a strong guy and I have faith in you and who you are. I'm always here to talk, laugh, and help in any way I can. You're the grooviest, Pal!
    -T8R

    ReplyDelete