At 6:45, the anesthesiologist and nurse stopped by to answer any questions I might have about the procedure. A few moments later, the surgeon was there to do the same. The anesthesiologist and nurse came back to give me a little relaxing medication before wheeling me to the O.R. When I got to the O.R., the room started to slowly spin. I remember being asked to move to the operating table. The next thing I knew, I was waking up in the recovery room and the recovery nurse was preparing me to go home. She went over the discharge instructions (which include no heavy lifting and no driving) and then helped me get dressed before putting me in a wheel chair to go home.
After stopping to big up some snacks and breakfast, I was home about 9:40. I'm relaxing now, and probably will be the rest of the day. I have plenty of shows to get through on the TiVo and plenty of papers to grade from the last two weeks. But, right about now, I think I'm going to pause "The Office" and take a nap.
Nothing else is scheduled right now until I start my treatment on April 15th. I'll be sure to post if new details arise.
-bw
No comments:
Post a Comment