Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Pathology Results

Yesterday, my surgeon and I played phone tag over the results of the biopsy she performed on Friday.  Today, she was able to get a hold of me to share the results of the pathology that was performed on the lymph tissue she took out.

According to the report, I have Nodular Sclerosing Hodgkins Lymphoma.  It is a lymphoma that affects mostly teens and young adults.  This type of lymphoma responds well to both chemo and radiation.  While there isn't a course of treatment yet, at least we have a diagnosis.  I still am scheduled to have tests run on Thursday of this week to help my doctors come up with an accurate diagnosis.

Rachel wanted me to be sure to mention the love and prayers we feel from all of you.  Thank you so much for all of your positive thoughts and prayers.  We both know the only way to get through this is with the support of you, our family & friends.

-bw

No comments:

Post a Comment