Making matters worse (or contributing to the way I felt) was that I didn't do a good job of saying "no" this weekend. I don't regret any decisions I made this weekend...life is too short to stay in bed all weekend instead of spending time with the ones you love.
*****
Took a trip to the local movie theater today to see a movie I never thought I would be interested in. Rachel, Cameron, Brian, and I all went out today to see Star Trek. Let me set the record straight: I'm a Star Trek virgin. I was a Star Wars virgin before Episode I. I hadn't seen any of the Indiana Jones movies until a few years ago (thanks, Netflix). Luckily, Rachel has made me watch all of these movies and I've enjoyed them.
The movie today was excellent! It was way more than I expected and I'm hoping they make more. I'll probably end up renting the rest of them from Netflix over the summer as I go through treatment. I just hope that the "old ones" don't ruin the experience I had today.
*****
I was making the bed tonight and watching the season finale of Survivor when I heard something loud and noticed that the television started shaking. A few seconds later, the entire house started to shake! I went downstairs and asked Rachel if she was O.K. and she was. Even better for her, she didn't even feel it!
It was centered up near Long Beach and registered a 4.7 on the Richter Scale. We survived, but something still concerns me. My cell phone was down immediately following the quake. Media outlets are saying the cell phones should be fine, but this is the second decent sized quake in the last year that has disrupted cell service. The bottom line though is that we're safe and O.K...until the next one hits.
*****
I go in for my weekly blood work on Wednesday. I'll have more for you then.
-bw
Always good to read your blogs, Bryan. Glad to hear you're continuing to say "yes" to fun, friends and family! (Altho it's so ok to have a "no" day if you feel like it!! )
ReplyDeleteTake care...
With thoughts and prayers.... Marti
Thanks for the updates, Bryan. Helen and I are thinking of you and I print your blogs for her. She's going to go online sometime!! It will save me paper! Hope nausea is minimal. Glad you could enjoy the movies. Disneyland and DCA have been pretty busy lately. Keeping me busy, too.
ReplyDeleteDCADoris