Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Chemotherapy Treatment: Day 3

Well, I had my third chemo treatment today, and it would be very easy for me to copy and paste old blogs into today's post to give you an update--especially when the results of today's treatment are really no different from the results of my other treatments.  I am a little more tired this time, but I think I can handle that.  

Today's blood counts were excellent again!  My white blood count was a little below range, but "for a chemo patient, they are very good."  You've got to love a doctor that shoots straight from the hip.  

*****

Treatment today went a little quicker than it has the previous two times.  I'm sure part of it was that I was able to take a couple of naps during the treatment.  In my defense, it was a late night last night, and the Benadryl makes me a little sleepy.  

I didn't eat much during the actual treatment, but my appetite is starting to come back to me as I type.  Tenderloin, pasta, and veggies for dinner as my aunt and her boyfriend from Auburn are here this week to visit.  If I'm lucky, I might be able figure out a way to get me some garlic cheese toast as that sounds really good right now, too.

*****

It is now 10:30 Pacific Wednesday night and the blog I started around 6:30 is now four hours old (I did the math in my head).  Dinner was great and then we gathered 'round the big screen and watched the Angels beat the hated Red Sox 8-4.  Ducks & Wings tomorrow for Game 7...should be a good one.  Hopefully more stories for you then!

-bw

No comments:

Post a Comment