Friday night, Rachel and I watched our nephew, Hayden for about 2 1/2 hours. We had a really good time singing songs, reading books, playing with toys (and water), and crawling all over the place. I can't believe how big he is getting.
*****
Saturday was Hayden's 1st birthday party. Of course, there was a bounce house (aka moon bounce) was 2 basketball hoops inside. Once the little kids had their turn, the big kids got to play some high quality Bounce House Basketball. It was a lot of fun, but also sad to realize we aren't as young as we were when we started playing 10 years ago. I'm not in as much pain as I was Saturday night, but I am finding more bruises as the week goes on. Oh yeah, and my head still hurts from Fomai landing on it.
For his birthday, we got Hayden a covered RadioFlyer Red Wagon, a cup with his name on it, and two Cheerios books. Hopefully he'll get a lot of use out of all of them!
*****
On Sunday, we went to church and then to the Strawberry Festival where we walked around with Hayden, Brandon, Kimi, Cam, & Brian. After that, we went to 29 Palms to visit Bennett, Rachel's brother. He's working out there as a civilian contractor for the USMC. It wasn't too hot (about 90), so we were able to relax outside in the shade and watch the fish in his little pond.
The drive home was a First Class Adventure. Rachel's GPS doesn't work in my car, so we were driving blindly at 10:30 at night. I haven't driven back from the desert in a while, but I knew I needed to be on the 215 or 15 (I wasn't sure which, although Ra mentioned something about the 15). All I knew is that the 215 (allegedly) hit the 91, and if I missed that, I would be down at Pechanga and would know how to get home from there. Well, the 215 DOESN'T hit the 91, so we ended up at the 215/15 Interchange in Murrieta, south of Lake Elsinore. I took the 15 north and made it home about 45 minutes later than when we should have been home. I think it is officially time to lay down the cash and purchase a GPS that will work in my car...or the Dodge Charger I really want.
*****
Monday was a trip to Disneyland. We met up with friends @ the Land & then my mom & dad @ DCA. My teacher friend doesn't like the rides, but her kids do, so Rachel and I rode some of the Roller Coasters with them. We had a good time, but I really hit the wall about noon. The long weekend had finally caught up to me. I was so tired, I slept in the car on the way home (Ra was driving).
*****
Tuesday I was back at work, followed by the Angel game that night. I attended batting practice and caught one ball off of Jeff Mathis, an Angel catcher. During BP, I couldn't help but notice Ervin Santana was really running hard while shagging balls in the outfield. The Angels ended up losing 4-2, but it was much better than Monday's game.
*****
Today was Day 4 of treatment. My counts were all perfectly within the ranges that a "healthy" person should have, so that is encouraging again. Treatment only lasted 2.5 hours today. I returned home, watched some TV, ate lunch, and then took a 2.5 hour nap before settling in for a night of Lakers (win) and Angels (up 2, top of 9). Tomorrow will probably be a heavy sleep day for me. Look for more on Sunday.
-bw
No comments:
Post a Comment