*****
I'm a big believer in seeing "signs" that things are (or sometimes aren't) going your way. There are no coincidences. Everything happens for a reason. Which is probably why I've been noticing a lot of hummingbirds frantically flying around our house the last week or two. I'm sure part of it is the fact that it is May and the birds are looking for food. However, I feel part of it is something else.
One of my best memories (there are literally a ton) of my great-grandparents was sitting out on their porch and watching the hummingbirds suck the nectar out of the feeder, and then watching my great-grandparents refill it so the birds could suck it dry again. I think great-grandma liked watching the birds the most, which is what brings me to my current situation.
There is no doubt in my mind that my great-grandparents are nearby as I go through this battle. The evidence? All of these hummingbirds that have literally come out of nowhere. I feel them with me each time I see one of those magnificent birds flying around me. So I see them and say hi and thank them for flying by and remember the days we spent together. I miss them more now than I probably ever have...but I know they're with me with every hummingbird I see.
*****
Well, it is approaching 11:00 out here and there's a big game to watch tomorrow. Nothing more on this site until Wednesday or Thursday after treatment. Thanks again for visiting!
-bw
I'm glad your numbers are good. I can relate to hummingbirds being an inspiration.What wonderful memories you have of them. I'm sure the hummingbirds are a sign that you will recover. Karen
ReplyDelete