Part of my treatment day includes a blood draw that is analyzed in the doctor's office. These blood draws are to monitor my blood, especially my White Blood Count. On Non-Chemo dates I also have to go in and have blood drawn & analyzed. Last week, my counts were very good, and today they were good, too. My White Blood Count was a little low, but the doctor wasn't too concerned about it. My other counts were also encouraging and my doctor told me he was very happy with my progress. He was also surprised that my night sweats had stopped 3 days after treatment and that the lymph node under my arm was drastically smaller than it was two weeks ago. He remains optimistic that there will be no cancer in me when I have my next PET scan at the end of June.
Treatment today took a little longer than I expected. Based on my start time, I was hoping to be done about 12:15 or 12:30, but the final drug took about an hour and a half to drip, which pushed my departure time after 1 o'clock. I spent my treatment time watching episodes from Season 2 of The Office and reading more of John Grisham's Playing for Pizza. When I returned home, I felt more tired than I did two weeks ago, so I took a nap and woke up in time to watch the start of the Yankees/Tigers game on ESPN.
Rachel's mom has been here this week, helping around the house and providing damage control to the plants and flowers Rachel can't seem to keep alive. She's also been kind enough to take me to Chemo today and stay with me the next 2 days while Rachel is at work.
Thanks again for all of your prayers and positive vibes. 1 cycle (2 treatments) down, 5 cycles (10 treatments) to go...but who's counting?
-bw
Ten treatments are left. Just X each one off as it is completed. It will get more difficult, but you can do it. The finish line is in your sight.
ReplyDeleteGood Luck! Hugs, Karen & Jim
Glad to hear of all the positives in your treatmet. We are keeping you surrounded by the Holy Spirit by lifting you up in prayer everyday.
ReplyDeleteWe love you,
Aunt Nancy and kids