Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Return to Work

I know I haven't said this enough, but I work with the BEST people on the planet!  The staff at Jordan has been extremely supportive throughout the last two months and I know they'll be there for me if I need them as I go through treatment.  (Don't get me wrong, I know the rest of you are there for us, too!)  

It was definitely interesting to get back to work yesterday.  I had some anxiety as the morning went on about how I would be able to handle working after spending the better part of five days in bed.  Somehow, I was able to survive the day (and the 100 degree temperatures) and make it back to the peacefulness of our house.  I was in bed by 8:15 Monday night, and Rachel's words this morning were, "You were out by 9."  

Today I felt a little better a work and I'm sure tomorrow will be even better.  Of course, I'm stuck flipping between the Angels/Tigers, Ducks/Sharks, and Lakers/Jazz games tonight while trying to keep my eyes open.  I won't be surprised if I wake up at 3 AM with the Sham-wow! commercial blaring on the big screen.

I go for my weekly blood draw tomorrow and my new glasses should be in soon.  More later...

-bw

7 comments:

  1. Funny story for you...I've been going thru stuff in my "craft" turned "crap" room and was going thru a box and ran across your and Rachel's wedding card! I had to laugh, since we haven't been in touch and now we are and here I run across that card! Shall I send it??? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you both!! Glad all is going well.

    xoxo

    Omar & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be walking in the Relay For Life this Sat/Sun in Torrance. People frommy church walk for 24 hours min a row to support people fighting cancer, cancer survivors, and to remember people who had cancer. I'll be walking for you and also in memory of my twin brother.I'm so glad that your fellow teachers are supportive! Love Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you guys. I love you and am praying for you. Do you think you'll be able to make it to the wedding? Ian & I would love to see you if you can get away for the day! Much love,
    >jos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey this is your cousin dominique! i pray for you everyday and you almost never leave my mind! i love you and rachel sooo much!
    love you,
    dominique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bryan, I raised $200 for my walk today. My cancer support group, HIs Hands , raised $5917. The Relay For Life/ Torrance raised over $40,000 to fight all kinds of cancer by walking 24 straight hours from 9:00am Sat. until 9:00am today. FYI Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that the love and support we have for you at Jordan is felt by you and your family. I hope that you still feel good after this second treatment.

    ReplyDelete