Sunday, April 19, 2009

The First Recovery Weekend

It is hard to believe that Wednesday I had my first chemotherapy treatment.  The only side effects I've had of the treatment so far has been a little bit of exhaustion.  I've had some trouble sleeping, but nothing too serious.  My hair hasn't fallen out yet, but I'm sure that is coming in the weeks/months ahead.  Also, my stomach has been cooperating with the medication to allow me to keep down whatever food I eat.

The last five days have been spent pretty much lounging around the house, drinking a lot of Gatorade, watching a bunch of TV, reading the newspaper, and eating whenever I get hungry.  By Day 5, "cabin fever" had set in and I was ready for some errands (a trip to Target, CVS, & Staples) and asking for a chore or two.  

It has been warm here the last 2 days.  It is currently 92 degrees and they are calling for 92 again tomorrow, followed by some high 80s before the 70s return at the end of the week. We've been running the air conditioner this weekend, and I'm sure the heater will be back on in a week when the temperature is only in the 60s.

Well, that is all for now.  The Ducks face the Sharks in game 2 of their series in about an hour and a half and I need to eat dinner and get my stuff ready for tomorrow, as it will be my first day back at school...wish me luck!

-bw

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Bryan

    I read Helen your Sunday report where you said you were looking for a chore or two. She said, come on over. She cal give you one and then Rachel can give you the other! Be careful what you ask for! Glad you're doing wel. Hoppe schoolk was oki.

    Doris and Helen

    ReplyDelete