Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Chemotherapy Treatment: Day 5

Yesterday was my 5th Chemo treatment and today I'm feeling better that any other Chemo treatments. Blood counts before treatment continued to be good and my weight today topped the scales at 203.0 pounds, a new record.

Following treatment yesterday afternoon, I returned home and took a "nap" from 8:30-12:30. Luckily, I missed the end of the Laker game, preventing me from stressing out even more. Today was a very relaxed day of watching TV, playing computer games, and napping. Tomorrow I'm going to try to return to work--as of right now, I'm a "go."

*****

This last weekend was very draining & exciting. More exciting than draining. It started with a wedding rehearsal Friday night in Oceanside for my cousin's wedding, which I performed. We drove back home after dinner so we could pick up my pants that weren't wide enough on Saturday morning. We drove back to Oceanside on Saturday, had lunch with a friend, and then went to the wedding. After the reception, we drove down to San Diego to spend the night because we were attending another wedding Sunday morning.

Both weddings were outdoors & beautiful. We had a lot of fun hanging out with friends and family, and slept like babies Sunday night!

I hope to post pictures of the weekend later.

*****

My next blood count/dr appointment is next Monday, so probably more then. We have another funfilled weekend with seminars/meetings and a graduation celebration coming up. The following weekend is another grad party, Father's Day, and treatment on Monday. We fly out to Michigan for a week on the 23rd. School's gonna be out and life is just going to get busier!

-bw

1 comment:

  1. You've done an amazing job handling everything! Enjoy your trip! You have made it to the end of school! Karen & Jim

    ReplyDelete